Saturday, July 4, 2009

More Beliefs

by Pat Antonopoulos

What a perfect idea. Patti has combined the call for comments with the opportunity to share what holds us together, the glue of compatible beliefs.

I believe that friendship is the most delicate of connections. It is a bond strong enough to handle the weathering of the most difficult days, but can wither with the ordinary.

I believe that we parent until we die, though we need to parent very quietly once the child reaches puberty. After the child becomes an adult, totally silent parenting is our best option.

I believe that having fun is vastly over-rated for the young and under-rated for the elderly.

I really believe that this "I Believe" is one of Patti's stellar ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to join this one on "parenting until you die." My mother is nearly 93,and though for the past few years my brothers and I have been more the parent to her than vice-versa, I still remember perhaps 7 or 8 years ago when we were walking down the hall together to go out for dinner. She looked down at my bare legs below my skirt and said to me, "Don't you think it would be more appropriate to wear stockings when we go out to eat?"