Saturday, July 25, 2009

Appreciation

by Pat Antonopoulos

This is one of those moments when a blog is essential. Something happens and follow-through is mandatory according to a Personal Book of Rules. Granted, few others have access to the non-existent pages of The Book of Rules, but there they are.

Problem is that I cannot sift the thoughts into paragraphs that Garrison Keillor would call 'cogent'. Thoughts are bouncing tangents with no place to land.

Friends and colleagues from past chapters are reaching out with supportive words as a result of the Rachel Skybetter article, Gathering Wisdom, printed in the July 25 FYI Section of The Kansas City Star.

Rachel interviewed us and wrote about Four Ordinary Women. The generated response is so much more than I could have anticipated.

Imagine sorting the dilemma of expressing compounded appreciation. What a gift.

My thanks to everyone who has responded to the article and to our book. I look forward to seeing you at Rainy Day Books and our other author events. Then, eye-to-eye, I can thank you in person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you ladies are finally getting some very public acknowledgement of this book and everything you've put into it!!

Funny thing, I read the column on the right of your very front page story of that section, and didn't even glance at the huge photo or story on the center!! Did a double take as I was turning the page, and then saw more great photos on page 2 of the KC Star.

Excellent coverage, and I genuinely look forward to reading this book. You guys are perfect examples of working hard at what you love and making it into something meaningful....

Sara Grier

Mari Rydings said...

What a fantastic journey! I read the KC Star article with great interest. The reporter did an excellent job! I am looking forward to reading the book, and hopefully, attending one of the book signings. Congratulations, ladies, on the fullfillment of a dream.

emptying nest said...

Oh my goodness! I read the article in the STAR this morning and just now finished the entire set of blog entries. You are women I'd like to know. I can't wait to read your book. How fitting that my word verification in order to leave this comment is "supria"--- its root must be similar to "supreme", "superb", "superior"--your thoughts are delightful and from where I sit, universal. Thank you---I will be following--