Sunday, October 25, 2009

Texting with Andrew

by Patti Dickinson

Andrew, freshman journalist at University of Nebraska/Lincoln and I had a text-exchange last night.

Me: 8:18:07 pm Fair warning: Tomorrow's email topic is "Kids who never email"

Andrew: 8:34:07 pm Well I'll make sure tonight that I can only be considered a "kid who doesn't email very often" instead of one that never emails!

I am not sure what I am supposed to do with that. In my naivete, I thought that cryptic message meant that before the night was over that he would email, thereby removing himself from the never category. Didn't happen.

This is the same kid that last Friday twittered "Didn't even realize it was the weekend until I got back to my room after classes. Yeah." And in an email to his sister Mary said he wasn't too sure when he was coming home for Thanksgiving, in fact he didn't really know when Thanksgiving Break was.

I think this kiddo is spending too much time behind the eyepiece of his school-issue Canon DSLR.

No comments: