Thursday, August 20, 2009

Family Birthdays

by Pat Antonopoulos

Millions of people share an August birth date and my hope is that each of those million persons is celebrated by someone.

In our family we celebrate Sam in January, Chris in February, Kaiya and Molly in March, Kristi in April, Dan is May, Bob and Mark in July, Ida in September and Cain in October--a year long roster of wonderful people. And August? August brims with birthdays...Paul, Elizabeth, Frank---and today we will meet the newest in our family. No name yet. His mother said she needs to meet him first, get acquainted a bit and then she will know his name. How nice is that!

Grandparenting is a bit like being reborn and each grandchild is a link in the chain of immortality. As we await this new baby, I am reminded of the joy of each birth, my children and my grandchildren.

How is my life? Better than I deserve...so much better.

No comments: