Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A New College T-shirt for the Laundry Basket

by 
Patti Dickinson

For those of you that have been following my blog, you know that I have a high school senior. Andrew.  This morning he and my husband got up at five a.m. and drove to Lincoln, Nebraska to look at the University of Nebraska.  Neither one wanted breakfast (okay, I just offered a banana or a bowl of cereal, it's five o'clock in the morning!  I can't do pancakes at that hour!). Anyway, I knew that the first stop out of the driveway was the McDonald's drive-through.  They don't tell me because I always go on my tirade about what a nutritional train wreck that kind of breakfast is.  Who eats fried eggs with American cheese on them, anyway?  Ugh.  

The University has 17,000 students, a much bigger school than he thought he wanted.  But after looking at a 3,000 student school, he knew that that wasn't a fit.  One of the professors he met did layout design for the front page of the New York Times.  I mean....what's not to like about that kind of experience?

He bought a UNL t-shirt.  In this family, that kind of seals the deal.  You come home from a college visit with a t-shirt, well --- now we know who to make out the tuition checks to. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for him!! Univ of Neb, not bad. Too bad he didn't select the William Allen White school of J at KU, but then again, everything else is 2nd-rate after that...;-).

Can't wait to read your book. I enjoy reading the blog you and Pat have set up!

Shall we plan a lunch date for March? Let me know when you're free on a Saturday!!

Sara