Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cedar Roe Library

by Pat Antonopoulos


We moved to the area in 1964 and my children grew up a bike ride from Cedar Roe Library. Our "Four Ordinary Women" writing and support group began meeting at the library in 2001. Last evening, September 16, 2009, we were privileged to have an author event in the meeting room at Cedar Roe Library.

1964 to 2009---45 years of connection that shaped our lives.

The book signing was amazing. Library personnel were most gracious and attentive. The chairs were filled with a receptive audience who offered comments and questions.Friends and colleagues from years past came to share our evening.

Today is my 71st birthday and last evening at Cedar Roe was a very special gift.
My sincere thanks to everyone who gave me this once-in-a-lifetime present of time, appreciation and validation. Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Pat! I hope you have a lovely day and many more happy years. Selfishly, I hope a good chunk of those years will be spent writing things you can share with the rest of us. Best wishes!