Friday, June 12, 2009

We Are Launched/ Keeler Women's Center

by Pat Antonopoulos

Funny. I thought I would open the blog and my fingers would do this automatically...that all the emotions of my heart and head would spill through my fingers...that this one would write itself. Not happening easily. Who knew that appreciation and gratitude could produce overload.

On Thursday, June 11, Patti Dickinson, Jo Ann Stanley and I gave our first Four Ordinary Women presentation and signing event at Keeler Women's Center. Shawna Samuel, our fourth fellow author could not attend.

Sister Carol Ann and Sister Barbara were gracious and welcoming, doing much to calm our butterfly jitters.

I was reacquainted with the sure and certain knowledge that the audience makes a huge difference. The women and men attending our event were amazing---smiling, nodding, making eye contact and generally giving us the feed-back that made the presentation flow with ease.
Questions were pertinent and important. Their comments gave us an inch or two of new height as we tended to do that float-off-the-ground thing---just a bit.

From pretty overwhelming apprehension to total fun and appreciation in just over one hour! Who knew?

My parents taught appreciation and the importance was not lost, but this Keeler event has done much to reinforce that life lesson. As I continue to float around on this cloud, I know why the cloud is firmly in place.

The foundation is our book, Four Ordinary Women, and the hours to months to years that Patti and I have invested in this endeavor. We have been supported by the ongoing encouragement and help from Wood Dickinson, Bob Antonopoulos, my son, Chris Day, and Jim Riordan at Seven Locks. Keeler Women's Center has given us our first big step and the audience made that step more fun and productive than I dared to imagine.

My most sincere thanks and deep appreciation.

No comments: