Sunday, May 17, 2009

Me??? Signing Books????


by
Patti Dickinson

There is a wonderful little book store in our neighborhood, called Rainy Day Books.  It is a small shop, where if you are a bibliophile like I am, you can satisfy three of the five senses while being surrounded by books.  The close physical quarters just enhances the quaintness. No big bookstore conglomerate feel here.  Here the salespeople have read the books, can recommend a book, or find you a book when it is not available in the store.  These are people that know my first name.  

And it is at this shop that we are going to have a book signing for our upcoming book release. Heady stuff.  I still pick up the galley (I have several) and see my name on the cover and remember all the energy that Pat Antonopoulos and I brought to selling ourselves and the book.  How out of our element we felt. I have spent years at home with kids and Pat is a retired schoolteacher. We had no idea what we were doing.  We knew we had a stack of writing, dog-earred and earnest, and we knew we had the energy and the self-esteem surplus to hear "no" a time or two.  (Okay, it was four times.)  

So the Marketing Plan, the haggling over the subtitle, the color of the flowers on the book cover are behind us....we will have a real  book to share. If you are in the neighborhood, stop in. Because this celebration isn't just about the book, the autograph, the cookies and the punch. We celebrate women, all of us, finding a voice and the commonality of our collective experiences.  To meet us and share this special event learn more by clicking HERE.  If you want to email me click HERE. I would love to hear from you.  And I promise to answer you!


No comments: