Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trying to find my rhythm without music

by
Patti Dickinson

Confession: I am trying to find a blogging rhythm. Right now I know three people who have read this blog. Thank you Wood, Jill and Mary. That is a 300% jump since I began. Yesterday. If this continues exponentially, by the end of the week I could be in the low double digits!!!

Maybe I am over-thinking this blog. Maybe I just need to relax into this. Let it happen. Listen to the internal voice. But wait....the internal voice is saying, "Fold the laundry" and "It's 4:20, what's for dinner...and there is nothing defrosted and it looks like if you don't think of something fast, dinner is going to arrive in a cardboard box and what's inside is shaped like a bunch of triangles." And not that it matters, but it will also taste like cardboard. So you can see that the relaxing-thing isn't working too well. Not my style. With all my years of chaotic living, ten of us under the same roof made that statistically impossible.

Still don't know what to do with myself when the house is empty. A huge expanse of time ought to have a substantial project attached to it. But I do love our front porch. We had that put on the house in the Spring of 2005. A place to just "be". I am getting better at just being.

1 comment:

Peebles Family Weblog said...

"Just being" is wonderful. It balances out the chaos we go through in larger families. I would seriously lose my mind without quiet times of meditation, and it's in those times I receive my best insights. Your porch sounds lovely...