Monday, February 9, 2009

Blog Intimidation

by
Patti Dickinson

There is nothing quite as intimidating as a big, blank blog square to a first-time blogger. I am going to give this my best effort, knowing that this first one is going to be like the first pancake....you throw it in the sink.

I am the mom of eight, grandmother to three, soon to be four, a wife of one (haha) and an author. I am a knitter, a hugger, and an avid reader. I am NEVER without a book. I wrote, with three other women, a book called Four Ordinary Women. It will be published in April 2009.

I live an ordinary life. I drive carpools, sit on the bleachers and watch my kid play volleyball, I do my share for the PTA, have kids that keep me humble, need to lose a little weight and am awfully proud of the fact that my photo album is caught up. Some of the other parts of my life are in shambles, but boy, you need to see Christmas 2008 pictures, I can take you right to them. The kids' rooms, with one exception, are absolute train wrecks. That just means that I have normal kids, and that my expectations are completely unrealistic. I have been on the losing end of that stick for years.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great first post. Keep it up!